Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"when does life begin?
life begins at 46,
forty-six chromosomes."
thank you mama
thank you dad
for giving me life
wanting me
loving me
caring for me
beyond your own needs
and thank you God
for you are sovereign
you know all things
and you know best
you knew me
before i entered the womb
please spare the unborn
move in compassion
so that they too may have life
to offer a heart of thanks
remove the scales over our eyes
this culture of hate and love for only ourselves
it rids even the chance for innocent lives to live
help us not to live in depravity
set us free
and help us truly love
our bodies
our time
our lives
our babies
all that which you give and continue giving
i was bought with a price
my life is not my own
and thank God my life is not my own but yours alone.